Welcome to Kindergarten!
I am so excited for the 2018-2019 school year! I hope you are ready for a fun, engaging, and productive school year! We will learn, experience, and do so much this year. It will be the best year yet!
All About Miss Swicklas
- Education: I have my Bachelor's degree from Southern Connecticut State University in Elementary Education. I have my Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Saint Joseph. Currently, I am working towards my Sixth Year in Educational Leadership from the University of New England.
- Years teaching: This is my 11th year teaching! I worked in New Britain from 2008 - 2016. I began working at Hop Brook at the start of the 2016-2017 school year. I have always taught kindergarten.
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: I have worked for Naugatuck Public Schools for three years. Hop Brook is the second school I have worked in, previously I taught at Smith Elementary School in New Britain, CT.
- A few of my favorite things: I have a lot of favorite things! I love giraffes, the color orange, peanut butter, and getting my nails done. I enjoy bright sunsets, baby animals, traveling, and being active. I would rather read than watch the movie, in most cases. I still love learning everything I can.
- Fun facts about me: In addiction to teaching kindergarten, I am a certified Crossfit trainer. I work out and coach at a Crossfit gym in Watertown. I studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain in 2006.
- Wish list for supplies: Throughout the year we will need: tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and class snacks. Additionally, ziplock bags of all sizes - gallon, quart, and snack size are always appreciated, brown paper bags, colored copy paper, tissue paper, paper plates, play doh, and sidewalk chalk.
Monday: Library Media
Tuesday: Physical Education
Wednesday: Physical Education & Art
Thursday: Computer Lab
*Please make sure your child wears (or brings) sneakers on P.E. days!