2nd Grade Teacher
"There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day." The Sherman Brothers
I am looking forward to an exciting new school year! Second grade is a year full of new friends, new discoveries, and new adventures. I love teaching in Naugatuck, a community that values educating the whole child and preparing students for the future. I also have a great sense of pride for teaching in the town where I grew up. I attended Naugatuck schools for my entire childhood, including Tender Years Preschool, Maple Hill Elementary School, City Hill Middle School, and Naugatuck High School.
About Mrs. DeGennaro
- B.S. in Elementary Education & B.A. in Psychology from Southern Connecticut State University
- M.Ed. in Teaching & Learning from Post University
- Years teaching: This is my 12th year teaching! I taught in Ansonia and Torrington in previous years.
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: This is my 3rd year teaching at Hop Brook!
- A few of my favorite things: I love spending time with my family and my 3 children, especially in our favorite places - Cape Cod and Disney World. I also love chocolate, iced coffee, sunflowers, Harry Potter, owls, and pineapples.
- A fun fact about me: I once swam with sharks at Disney World.